POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another car study : Re: Another car study Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another car study
From: scott
Date: 17 Jul 2006 09:34:01
Message: <44bb91c9$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> I set myself a target of 1 week for this one.  Probably the only
>> model that I have got this far with in Blender, still I had to rush
>> it a bit towards the end to get some of the important details in.
>
>   One week? Blender must be really good for fast modeling, or perhaps
> you worked 24h every day on that week?

I spend a few hours most evenings, probably about 20-25 hours in total.  My
target for this project was to get the best possible looking model in a
limited time.  So it would look quite bad from an opposite angle (eg there
is no dashboard, no rear lights, no detail on the back etc).  It is by no
means a complete model.

> Indeed, the car is very nicely
> modeled, very accurate (I recognized this as one of the latest models
> on the 205 series). I think it will look better with the stock
> wheels, but anyhow it looks great.

Yes, I was planning to do the stock wheels/tyres, but just no time.
Actually I was quite looking forward to doing the tyres after reading a few
tutorials.  Maybe at a later date I will make some updates.

> Also, as Zeger pointed out, the
> glass on the lights seems a bit like plastic (perhaps is too white
> and needs to be more transparent).

Yes, I just need to play about with the lights to make them look more
realistic, I really didn't optimise it much because I wanted to get it
rendered by the end of Sunday.

Looking at it I think the focal blur might also be adding to the "model car"
vision.  Maybe I can just scrap the FB altogether or reduce the aperture.