POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another car study : Re: Another car study Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another car study
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Jul 2006 08:37:12
Message: <44bb8478$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> I set myself a target of 1 week for this one.  Probably the only model that
> I have got this far with in Blender, still I had to rush it a bit towards
> the end to get some of the important details in.

   One week? Blender must be really good for fast modeling, or perhaps
you worked 24h every day on that week? Indeed, the car is very nicely
modeled, very accurate (I recognized this as one of the latest models on
the 205 series). I think it will look better with the stock wheels, but
anyhow it looks great. Also, as Zeger pointed out, the glass on the
lights seems a bit like plastic (perhaps is too white and needs to be
more transparent).

> The rest of the scene is SDL, I found an old tree macro I wrote a while ago
> and put that in.
>
> Rendered with radiosity, focal blur and an area light to simulate the sun.
> Render time approx 2 hours on my XP2400.

   The POV environment is also very good, but the sky light is too
bluish (indigo) for my taste.

--
Jaime