POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Deck : Re: Deck Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deck
From: somebody
Date: 14 Jul 2006 21:06:53
Message: <44b83fad@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote

> Do you use AutoCAD for this?  I've been wanting to render my house in
> POV-Ray, but just not sure how to build the model....

You can try Sketchup (free from Google). Blender is free as well. Programs
like AutoCAD, or even Rhino, are overkill for simple architectural stuff if
you don't already own them.

> my house looks too
> complicated to begin modelling it.  I'm scared I'll have to design each
> 2x4, brick, panels by hand!

Well, you needn't. Texture maps work fine but the most extreme closeup, and
then you need only a couple of bricks anyway.