POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Constant width grid : Re: Constant width grid Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constant width grid
From: Slime
Date: 9 Jul 2006 18:37:30
Message: <44b1852a$1@news.povray.org>
The effect I was trying to create was grid lines that don't get thinner as
they go off into the distance. As you point out, it doesn't appear that TRON
used that sort of effect after all.

Looking at the last image you linked to (grid4.png), I don't believe there
is any sort of effect being applied at all. The reason your image doesn't
fade to white at the horizon like the original does is a lack of
anti-aliasing - rays are not hitting the white lines often enough to know
they're there. Try AA settings +AM2 +A0.0 +R3 and see what sort of results
you get.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]