POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New attempt at a cratered asteroid : Re: New attempt at a cratered asteroid Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New attempt at a cratered asteroid
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 Jul 2006 17:57:21
Message: <44aed8c1$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Larry Hudson wrote:

> Yes it is a real three-manual organ.  An uncommon make -- Artisan.
> Believe it or not, it was a kit, and I built myself.  It was a two to
> three year project, because you could buy it a piece at a time.

Artisan - never heard of it! But organ kits are familiar to me, as here
in Germany, from the 60s to the early 80s they were also pretty common -
perhaps you have heard of the German organ kit companies Wersi and Dr.

teens - but instead decided to buy me a Commodore 64 rather than a Wersi
Orion kit!

Wersi still exists, but now they sell only ready-made (and very
expensive) organs, as nowadays except for some analogue organ fanatics
nobodys want to take on year-long construction work in the hobby
basement room!

   The
> console was complete, but I did all the electronics and wiring in it.
> Unfortunately, this brand is no longer available.  But it _was_ a fun
> project.

With Hammond-like drawbars or more theatre-style?

As I just mentioned analogue organ fanatics - there exists a forum
dedicated to analogue electr(on)ic organs from Hammond's A series to
mid-80s semi-digital Technicses and Yamahas: http://www.analogorgel.de -
it's mostly German-spoken, but speakers of English are equally welcome,
we also have an English sub-forum!

Perhaps we can meet there and talk organs...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: One Vision (Queen)