POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help! - texture problem : Re: Help! - texture problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! - texture problem
From: Shay
Date: 1 Jul 2006 15:09:02
Message: <44a6c84e$1@news.povray.org>
Norbert Kern wrote:

> interesting, but in the end I want to do it with more than 1000000 discs.
> IIRC you can add so many patterns in a single function.

Then use branches:

fa = max(fb, fc)
fd = max(fe, ff)
fg = max(fa, fd)

You're only going to see a white blob with 1 million discs. To get an
idea, set your background to rgb <0,0,0> and place 1 million discs with:

color_map {
   [0.0  rgb 1.0 transmit .5 filter 0]
   [0.3  rgb 1.0 transmit 0 filter 0]
   [0.9  rgb 1.0 transmit 1 filter 0]
   [1.0  rgb 1.0 transmit 1 filter 0]
}

Won't be exactly what you're trying to do, but it will give you an idea
(until you reach max_trace_level).

  -Shay