POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random city : Re: Random city Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random city
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 1 Jul 2006 07:22:36
Message: <44a65afc$1@news.povray.org>
The idea itself is great, and the arrangement as well.

Just keep the distances between the houses a big wider (for broader roads
and walkways.

Add automatically trees to the walkways, like many boulevards have them. I
would prefer pamls, as they look tropical and are easier (faster) to render
than trees.

Also work with different outside textures for the buildings.

Add more palms, maybe trees, and humans automatically onto the roofs.

Use some more constructional variation for the outside of the buildings,
like vertical elements.

Don't let me fool you: your concept is very interesting, and you could
achieve a lot with it! Just add the additional ideas. Actually, I wonder if
I should try something similar, ha ha! Please go on and let us see your next
versions!

Sven