POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Carrier: Current Development Stage : Re: Space Carrier: Current Development Stage Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Carrier: Current Development Stage
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 30 Jun 2006 00:45:31
Message: <44a4ac6b$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> Please see here the current stage of my spcae carrier (which is more a
> mobile base, actually).

Wow, I really like this.

A few comments:

The structure of the center part is a little difficult to make out - I think
there should be some exterior ligths maybe?

Also, the white 'field lines?' in the tube part don't seem to cast any light
on anything - not sure if that's on purpose or not, and it's not 'wrong'
just something I noticed.  The buildings on the right hand side seem to
'stick into' the white lines though.  If that's intentional, I would space
them so it looks like it's on purpose.

A few of the windows on the very top part of the curve don't really seem to
follow the greebles?  Not really sure about that as it's in shadow

I really like this, you've captured a great sense of complexity and size.
The windows I feel are especially well done, that's one thing that makes it
look *big*.

    == John ==