POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New attempt at a cratered asteroid : Re: New attempt at a cratered asteroid Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New attempt at a cratered asteroid
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 27 Jun 2006 18:11:31
Message: <44a1ad13@news.povray.org>
High!

Larry Hudson wrote:

> Besides raytracing and computers, I've always been particularly
> fascinated by pipe organs -- both classic/church style and theater style
> -- and their appropriate music.  (These pipe organ styles are quite
> different both in their sound and in their construction.)

Ah, theatre organs... have you heard this:
http://www.hauptwerk.co.uk/AudioDemos/Hauptwerk2-MDAWurliTzer1.mp3 ?

Its from the famous Hauptwerk virtual organ project site... really
groovy sound, I just imagine Richard Rodgers' famous "Slaughter on Tenth
Avenue" being played on such an organ...

But my interest in organs currently focuses on 70s analogue electronic
organs (of which of course quite a lot models were built in theatre
style, for example the Dutch-made Eminent Grand Theatre series, or large
Kimball organs such as the famous-infamous Xanadu) and of course classic
electro-magnetic Hammonds.

B-3s are not exactly affordable these days, but at least I own two 70s
transistorized analogue organs, a budget-class Eminent and a
middle-class Yamaha (those Japanese organs are just indestructible and
doing well even after 30 years!). But I still hope to get myself a
Technics SX-U90 some day... the "dream ship" of my teenage days!

The small Eminent (a Solina P-240) I even started to model with PoV-Ray...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Is it Love? (Jon and Vangelis)
Now practising: Mr. Sandman