POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hollow Object, Mirror, and water if possible [it] : Re: Hollow Object, Mirror, and water if possible [it] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hollow Object, Mirror, and water if possible [it]
From: Alain
Date: 26 Jun 2006 19:30:18
Message: <44a06e0a@news.povray.org>
Pella nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 26/06/2006 09:59:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm new, I'm using Pov for hobby
>
> I'm not english as you can see :D
>

> I have made this scene with hollow object
>
> is a glass of glass and in is an hollow with a gray densyt... but is Black
> as you see in picture...
>
> the mirror in the scene reflect what?

Increasing max_trace_level to 9 made the glass almost fully transparent, the bottom is
OK with 13.
Instead of applying a texture to some element in a CSG and using cutaway_texture, that
you want to
be a solid texture, it's better to apply that texture to the whole complex object.
The "mirrors" where black, not reflecting anything. Placing the finish at the end of
ther
declaration solved that.

--
Alain
No matter how much you do, you never do enough.