POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Carrier: Current Development Stage : Re: Space Carrier: Current Development Stage Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Carrier: Current Development Stage
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 26 Jun 2006 02:55:58
Message: <449f84fe$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Eagle Sun,

"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:web.449f13ab20ace824d8b70c30@news.povray.org...
> Please PLEASE tell me you rendered only the space station, and not earth
> with it....

Yes, I rendered only the space station and not the Earth. That is even the
truth, I don't say it only because you wanted it.   ;-)

>> I invite other POV-Ray Sci-Fi artists to join and introduce their own
>> ship
>> creations! Please let them look a bit similar to this one so they match.
>
> I'll help out whatever I can...

Great! I am looking forward!

>> I need desperately a POV-Ray artist who can help me creating a number of
>> ship hulks for ancient Roman ships. I have all the data and expertise,
>> but
>> fail since years to create such a ship hull. Who can and want help? It is
>> for the Forum Navis Romana project (maritime archaeology online).
>> Creditlines are guaranteed!
>
> I wish I know how to do this... but I've never done this....

No problem. I know everything about the ships. I only need someone who can
make the shape of a ship's hull. That's all. Especially the bow part is
difficult for me, since more than five years I try, but I never got a good
result doing it my own way. I easily can supply you (private e-mai) with
photos and sketches of a simple hull, and you can model the hull. If you can
do this, I owe you infinite thanks and ALL creditlines at the Forum Navis
Romana project you can want!   Please contact me using my e-mail, and I will
supply you with some simple sketches. I think, the ship hull will be some
kind of blob, I guess.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Sven