POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : web buttons : Re: web buttons Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: web buttons
From: Johan Feyaerts
Date: 25 Jun 2006 12:32:01
Message: <449eba81$1@news.povray.org>
Nice site. Did you make that with povray? This is the kind of thing I want
to achieve indeed.
But I want a bit more sophisticated buttons. with changing light when you go
over them and different lightcolor or intensity when they are pressed. I
intend to integrate them with flash graphics.

Here's a new render
I've put 8 lights under the ruby glass cap which is below the white glass
cap.
Looks a bit better, but still far from what I have in mind.When the text
itself could emit light that would be much nicer.
I think the final render should become more glossy. Maybe making the glass
cap on top thinner makes the colors somewhat more brilliant. I still have to
experiment with the glass textures. I think the inner colored glass should
be more matt so that it disperses the light. The outer glass should be
lighter I guess

"Wijnand Nijs" <w.n### [at] alf4alldemonnl> wrote in message
>I like this button and the discussion very much. I am working to make my
> whole side povray-style (still a little bit primitive, but...), see:
>
> http://alf4all.demon.nl/frames/index.htm
>
> So, if there are others with good idees and/or code ..., let's make it a
> topic.
>
> greetings...
> Wijnand

Post a reply to this message