POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : web buttons : web buttons Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  web buttons
From: Johan Feyaerts
Date: 25 Jun 2006 03:37:31
Message: <449e3d3b@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm working on some buttons for a website. It's far from complete but here
is the first result.
I'd like to put some lights in the button so that I get the effect that the
text inside the glass is emitting light. It's should then illuminate the
rest of the button.
So far I haven't found a good method to achieve this. I tried area lights
but the the letters start casting shadows. I've also tried to put some
cilinder  with rounded top & bottomwith transparent media around the text.
But this didn't look very nice either.
Anybody has a suggestion how to make text that emits light and how to get a
kind of halo effect around the text?
I also tried lights and looks_like with the text inside but that didn't seem
very realistic either. Looks like a light spot in the center of the text.

Here is the code w media I tried
   #declare meditextsfer=material {texture {
    pigment {
                rgbt <0,0,1,1>
    }
    finish{
        ambient 0
        diffuse 0
        }
      }
    interior{
        media {
                intervals 30
                ratio 0.9
                samples 2,4
                confidence 0.9
                variance   1.0/128.0
                method 1
                absorption <0,0,0>
                emission <0.6,0,0.0>
               //scattering {1, <0,0,0.12> extinction 1}

                density{ spherical
                        turbulence 0.0
                        density_map {
                                [0.0 color rgb 0]
                                [1 color rgb 1]
                                }
                        }
               }

        }
}
 #declare meditextcyl=material {texture {
    pigment {
                rgbt <0,0,1,1>
    }
    finish{
        ambient 0
        diffuse 0
        }
      }
    interior{
        media {
                intervals 30
                ratio 0.9
                samples 2,4
                confidence 0.9
                variance   1.0/128.0
                method 1
                absorption <0,0,0>
                emission <0.6,0,0.0>
               //scattering {1, <0,0,0.12> extinction 1}

                density{ cylindrical

                        turbulence 0
                        density_map {
                                [0.0 color rgb 0.0]
                                [1 color rgb 1]
                                }
                        }
               }

        }
}
 //media
shine ----------------------------------------------------------------
        object{

#declare len = 2.5;
#declare radi=2 ;
                merge{
                      sphere {<0,0,0>,radi hollow material {meditextsfer} }
                      cylinder {0*y,  len*y,  radi open hollow material
{meditextcyl scale <1,len,1>} rotate z*-90  }
                        sphere {<0,0,0>,radi hollow material {meditextsfer
translate <0,0,0> } translate <len,0,0>}
                 }

                 translate<-1,0,1>

        }

Post a reply to this message