POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cratered asteroid - how to improve? : Re: Cratered asteroid - how to improve? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cratered asteroid - how to improve?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 22 Jun 2006 23:41:33
Message: <449b62ed@news.povray.org>
High!

EagleSun wrote:

> I suggest you find (or render) height data of craters, then apply the image
> as a map to your iso-ellipsoid.

That would be difficult to achieve... first I would have to find a way
to generate *realistc* crater heightfields (and the cratering function
provided by John Beale's HF-Lab does not produce such craters!)... so I
instead would continue trying it somehow only with isosurfaces!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing Don't Go (Yazoo)