POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knotworld final (probably) : Re: Knotworld final (probably) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knotworld final (probably)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 22 Jun 2006 13:10:31
Message: <449acf07@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

>>Most excellent. Where do the planes land? :-)
>
> You got me. At least you didn't spot the absence of pilots... :-/

The planes are sightseers, like our whale spotters.  Attempts to
actually land on Knotworld with airships revealed that the structures
could not actually be landed on, that they are not substantitive in our
dimension in that way.  Like cornstarch and water, if you bang into
them, they are solid, but their surface offers no resistance for a
static weight.