POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Results are in....! : Re: Results are in....! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:48:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Results are in....!
From: St
Date: 19 Jun 2006 15:40:08
Message: <4496fd98@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> http://www.irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30.html
>>
>>    Thank you irtc admin. It was a long wait this time, but appreciated.
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> Just my opinion, here... but, While the winner for technical merit is an
> excellent image, There's really not that much "technical merit" to the
> picture. All was modeled in Wings3D,

    As was mine, and I placed 7th, and I am *well chuffed* with that!  :)

     Is there a problem with using a modelling prog for the IRTC  instead of
CSG in PoV-Ray, Mike?  After all, the IRTC is not PoV-Ray related. I thought
that this was a -general- raytracing comp. where any modelling prog and
raytracer would be exceptable regardless of the raytracing program used?

with exception of the feather,
> which was using a 3rd party tool. Not bad, but, not what I would call
> deserving of a technical merit award. Meh, these are judged by
> participants and a panel, so, that is what it is... hmm.
>
> Perhaps this was swapped accidentally with one of the place awards?

      Well, all top six look correct to me...  <shrug>

       ~Steve~