POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... : Re: waiting... Server Time
5 May 2024 14:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waiting...
From: St
Date: 17 Jun 2006 14:07:43
Message: <449444ef@news.povray.org>
"Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
> It is a shame that after all these years, the IRTC isn't the the
> biggest and best tracing comp out there - it should be by now shouldn't
> it?
>
> I definately agree.
>
>>      Anyway, here are some suggestions for all to play with:
>>
>> o- Some kind of filter/rule to weed out unfinished/poor images. This will
>> then at least project a more 'serious' side to the comp.
>
> I think this is would be a difficult task. After all this would mean that
> somebody (who?)

Somebody with some standing in the Pov-Ray arena. Someone that knows what a
good image is depending on its artistic merit, conceptual merit, and
technical merit. Crap image > get rid. Something going for it > keep. Simple
really.

had to view all the images and make a choice to filter out

> responsibility.

Why not?

Also, if you filter out poor images, where do you draw the
> line? Art is after all a matter of taste. People already downvote these
> images, those who make them just have to accept the vote they get, no harm
> done.

  ...And they get comments that will seriously make them *better* in their
CG attempts? I think not.

>> o- Let's introduce prizes, nothing big, but something like a (framed?)
>> poster from Zazzle for the top six, (they each receive their own image).
>

> Zazzle poster with your winning image on it would definately do the trick
> for me! People would just have to remember to render their images in
> hi-res.

   Not a problem, so let's do it.  :o)

Did you mean: http://exether.free.fr/irtc/index.php?sub=top10&lang=en>   ?

>> o- Dedicated view/vote/comment/result dates would be nice
>
> Absolutely.

     This has got to be a 'MUST DO'.

        ~Steve~