POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object Pigment as Isosurface : Re: Object Pigment as Isosurface Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pigment as Isosurface
From: Alain
Date: 17 Jun 2006 08:22:24
Message: <4493f400@news.povray.org>
Chris B nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 16/06/2006 11:51:
> "NEWS" <pen### [at] caramailfr> wrote in message
>> Nice ..and if you look closer to the floor ..
>>
>> this looks like a closer view on a wave (ocean wave closer look) ..
>> and i think if you change the grey color for a blue color , you will get a
>> perfect water cavern ..
>>
>> I think you should extend your texture to water ...cause it s close to
>> perfection ...
>>

> Nice thought, so here's one with a blue/green layer, though the water I've
> seen in caves has tended to look pitch black.
> Plus one of the same object rendered directly rather than through an
> Isosurface pattern.
> The isosurface version took 1h 18min to render versus 4 second for the plain
> one.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

If the water looks black in a cavern, it's often due to dark surrounding and botton.
In fact,
underground water tend to be crystal clear and prety still: no waves nor ripples.
That's acording to
every photo I ever saw and my one spellunking experience. So, it's rgbt 1 fade_color
and relatively
long fade_distance, have ior of 4/3, variable fresnel reflection, some tight specular.

--
Alain
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear