POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object Pigment as Isosurface : Re: Object Pigment as Isosurface Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pigment as Isosurface
From: Chris B
Date: 16 Jun 2006 11:51:51
Message: <4492d397@news.povray.org>
"NEWS" <pen### [at] caramailfr> wrote in message
> Nice ..and if you look closer to the floor ..
>
> this looks like a closer view on a wave (ocean wave closer look) ..
> and i think if you change the grey color for a blue color , you will get a
> perfect water cavern ..
>
> I think you should extend your texture to water ...cause it s close to
> perfection ...

Nice thought, so here's one with a blue/green layer, though the water I've
seen in caves has tended to look pitch black.
Plus one of the same object rendered directly rather than through an
Isosurface pattern.
The isosurface version took 1h 18min to render versus 4 second for the plain
one.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cavern simple with water.jpg' (9 KB) Download 'cavern with water.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'cavern simple with water.jpg'
cavern simple with water.jpg

Preview of image 'cavern with water.jpg'
cavern with water.jpg