POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artefacts : Re: artefacts Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artefacts
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jun 2006 19:07:54
Message: <4491e84a$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15/06/2006 18:08:
> Alain wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> It don't look like a problem with your media, but with the blob that
>> contains it. Do a test by removing the media, are the artefacts still
>> there? If you use interior{fade_color rgb 0.5 fade_distance 1}, do you
>> still see the artefacts?(adjust fade_distance to the dimentions of the
>> blob) Check if you have any reflection, look if you have a user deffined
>> default texture/finish. Check any personal include, or any that comes from
>> somebody else (not from the distribution). It came biting back someone
>> else some times ago...
>
> Yeah I think you're right. Checking over the log, I'm getting lots of
> parse warnings about "degenerate blob element at .." - I'm not really
> sure what that means - a sphere with zero radius? I don't think
> I have any of those, but it's possible. I'm going to rework the
> code for the blob anyway.

It can be a component with zero strenght as it can be one with zero radius. If you
have cylinder
components, they may have 2 identical end points.
If you use randomly selected radius or strenght, it can drop to zero. Try reducing the
random range
and add a minimum value like: rand(Seed)*0.9+0.1

--
Alain
If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?