POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artefacts : artefacts Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  artefacts
From: Bill Hails
Date: 14 Jun 2006 17:48:21
Message: <44908424@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Any Ideas what's causing these artefacts?

I'm going for ersatz fluffy clouds, they'll print quite small
so the level of detail isn't an issue.

It's a blob + media.

There's nothing special about the media:

#ifndef (CloudScale)
    #declare CloudScale = 1;
#end

#local MCloudColour = rgb 0.95;

#local MCloudFinish = finish {
    ambient 0.2
    diffuse 0.6
}

#local MCloudTexture = texture {
    pigment {
        #if (1)
            colour rgbt 1
        #else
            colour rgb 1
        #end
    }
    finish { MCloudFinish }
}

#local MCloudInterior = interior {
    media {
        density { MCloudColour * 0.06 / CloudScale }
        #if (1)
            absorption rgb (1 - MCloudColour) * 8.0
        #end
        #if (1)
            scattering { 3, MCloudColour * 0.1 }
            // scattering { 4, MCloudColour * 1.0 }
        #end
        #if (1)
            emission rgb MCloudColour * 0.07
        #end
    }
}

#declare CloudMaterial = material {
    texture { MCloudTexture }
    interior { MCloudInterior }
}

When I render the cloud in a scene by itself it looks fine,
but when I put it alongside other objects in a (not too) complex
scene these white flecks appear.

--
Bill Hails
http://billhails.net/