POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - the library : Re: WIP - the library Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - the library
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 11 Jun 2006 03:40:56
Message: <448bc908$1@news.povray.org>
RobF wrote:
> Thanks for all the great feedback. Here is a new (too-dark) version with
> better poses for hands, some improved textures and different lighting.
> Still working on the lighting..............
> Comments/criticism welcomed.
>
> Rob.

Excellent improvement!  I would only suggest reducing the ambient light
(perhaps even setting it to 0?) and using radiosity to light the rest of
the library.

Also, in the first image it seemed there was another light source
further back (there's an area which is brighter towards the back) which
seems to be missing in the new.  This helped break up the uniformity of
the background, without drawing too much attention to itself.

...Chambers