POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Chambers
Date: 17 Dec 2008 03:14:06
Message: <448AB3156705445E96F3B37548FFE817@HomePC>

For a Linux user, that's surprisingly mature of you :)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.  You know, I think I've been biased by all
those years hanging out with the anti-conformist, throw down the
government and grow pot in your backyard Linux kids I used to know.  I've
gotten so tired of all the BS they used to spout that any time MS does
something right, I feel the need to go around and tell people "Guess what!
You were wrong about them!"  I really have no problem with Linux on its
own, I just don't think I'll be using it myself {at least until I give up
Windows gaming... I thought I had when I got my Xbox, but then I went and
bought a new graphics card so I've been playing all my old games on higher
settings...}).

> 	For me, Linux works better than Windows as an environment. I do
> like
> the apparent greater flexibility in work environments you get with it.

I did like the flexibility that came with it.  And CompizFuzion.  *THAT*
was cool :)

> 	As for software, I think a good financial app is the only non-
> game
> thing I lack in Linux. Of all the things I feel I need, I somehow doubt
> Windows has anything (free) to offer that's necessarily a great
> improvement over what I had in Linux.

Funny, the best financial app I've found is actually GnuCash.  But then, I
don't like the attitude of "This is complicated, so we'll hide it from
you."

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

The plural of anecdote is not data  --Elbows