POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zeger's greebles.inc : Re: Zeger's greebles.inc Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zeger's greebles.inc
From: Doctor John
Date: 8 Jun 2006 09:12:29
Message: <4488223d@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message
>"Doctor John" <doc### [at] linuxmailorg> wrote in message
>>                 -would work and prevent the "polygon not closed" warnings

>I tend to ignore warnings, but yes, indeed, that would be better :)
>but that's not the problem though, POV-Ray just closes the prism for you if
>you forget to

True, but you've then got less output to wade through when things don't work

>> Secondly (and to my eyes this a BIG problem) why is the macro
>> VerdeelSuperellipsoid calling itself?
>> Enlightenment needed.

>because it's a recursive macro, that's the whole idea :)
>but, as far as I know, there are no problems with the
>superellipsoidal-greebles.

Unfortunately, that's exactly where we seem to be getting problems. As soon
as I comment out the superellipsoid bits in greebletest.pov everything runs
perfectly

I shall carry on trying to figure out exactly where your code produces the
Singular Matrix error (b4 anyone mentions it I already know that MInvers is
a function in matrices.cpp and that it's the only place in the source code
that generates a Singular Matrix error)

BTW Zeger, none of the above is a criticism of you or your coding. I
actually think that the concept is brilliant; I'm just having problems with
the implementation.

John
--
"Please refrain from fondling the nymphs and sprites - it makes them giggly
and skittish.