POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - the library : Re: WIP - the library Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - the library
From: Buke9
Date: 6 Jun 2006 21:44:21
Message: <44862f75$1@news.povray.org>
I agree with the other critiques and would add just a few of my own. Close
the aperture of the focal blur a bit and move it where most of the
foreground is in focus. I also have a problem with the books having too many
color variances. They look just a little too fake with the yellows not too
many books have those colors(afaik) but who I'm I to say? The lighting is
not bad but( I guess you knew this was coming) I would like to see it darker
in the background scene. I would add ambient 0 to global settings also (I
find it helpful in getting lighting right). I also think that the other
lampshades look a little odd. I think you could try tweaking the ambient on
them that might bring them around. Rad settings are always tough to get. You
can always try recursion_limit 2 or higher and tweak the grey_level abit . I
do like your scene though . Please change the scale of the texture of the
wood on the desk .
I hope this is helpful.
Later,
    Brent