POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look : Re: Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 6 Jun 2006 14:44:59
Message: <4485cd2b@news.povray.org>
Hmmm... Hmmmmmm.....

Hmm! I like it a lot! I think, you actually got a better atmosphere than I
got previously. I think, most of it can be kept this way. Maybe (just my
opinion) the atmosphere is just a little bit too bright. I would suggest to
reduce the brightness or ambient (or gamma) value a little bit. Please see
again the attached photo of the atmosphere. However, the appearance of the
atmosphere might differ in dependency from the distance to Earth, I believe.
Due its brightness it looks too sharp. That would be what I would give a try
to, if I had the entire source code for the atmosphere. Would you consider
to publish it?

But besides that, I really think I would prefer your atmosphere to my own
one.

Best greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message