POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Mar 2008 17:46:02
Message: <447ou39t24rkl8nalbii9hf5eokp59c6bu@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:49:20 +0200, "Gail Shaw"
<initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:

>He's one of the best bosses I've ever worked for. I have a great deal of
>respect for him and I wanted to give him lots of advance warning.
>It wasn't formal notice, just a friendly chat

That's ok then :) It's hard leaving someone you like in the lurch.

>> Welcome to the high pressure world but it's more fun than a safe job
>> IMO.
>
>Yup! That's what I'm hoping....
>The company I'm joining is small and all the consultants are top experts in
>their fields.
>www.xpertease.co.za

Getting in early in a young company can lead to great things.

>No straight-from-university SAP consultants here.

LOL, SA is well known for them :)
(See below)

>I've known their other SQL consultant for a few years. He taught me a lot of
>what I know of SQL Server. It's going to be interesting working with him.
>
>> >It's going to be interesting, it's going to be fun.
>> >I'm more than a little nervous.
>> >
>> Listen to your fear :)
>> Seriously, good luck in your new career and I wish you all the best.
>>
>> What sort of consulting BTW?
>
>Assorted SQL-Server stuff. I also hear I'll be doing some Oracle from time
>to time. Guess I need to polish up the (non-existant) Oracle skills
>From system design to fire-fighting crises and everything in between. My
>specialty is performance tuning, so a lot in that area.

Oh! Assorted clever (NB not cleaver) stuff, then. It sounds
fascinating and a real challenge. I'm sure you will do well.

>SQL-related training, both the MS official courses and self-created courses.
>I'll probably also be doing some sharepoint training from time to time,
>because it's very popular.

That's funny, one of us leave education and another joins. It is a
strange world in some ways.

>What kind of consulting do you do?

SAP concultant, would you believe?

Functional, I hasten to add and not a graduate to boot.
Actually I'm just an overpaid contractor, a migrant worker even. I
don't mean like in Soweto more like a Tinker or a Gypsy :)
I hope you like travelling and meeting lots of different people. I do
and like that part of the job.
--

Regards
     Stephen