POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galaxy? : Re: Galaxy? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galaxy?
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 31 May 2006 00:48:04
Message: <447d2004@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> That scripting would create ambient spheres just on demand. From a distance,
> the scene contains no sun spheres. But once you scroll to a certain location,
> the script within starts to create on or a few (ambient?) sun spheres as the
> camera zooms closer to that location. At the begin, these spheres are just
> tiny, tiny, tiny. The closer you get, the bigger (in a descent increase) the
> few spheres get, and the distances between them also increase. Note that,
> based on the huge distances between real suns, usually only the target sun
> gets bigger, while the other (few) distant suns remain in a smaller size but
> move out of the image due the camera viewpoint.

With this crackle density for the media I will only need to do the star I am
zooming into, so that solves a couple of billion problems in one go!

> The creation of the spheres (and their amount) could be triggered by the zoom
> factor, or let's say, the camera position. The scripting is now up to you.
> May the POVer be with you, young Jedi!

I now have the POVer of the crackle macro!

...I think.

> I think, this way you can have a fast calculating galaxy and on zoom-in also
> recognizable suns doing their natural part in a universe full of POV
> creatures...

We're definitely thinking along the same lines here. =)

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The truth is out there..."