POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 creation revisited ... : Re: df3 creation revisited ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 creation revisited ...
From: Alain
Date: 30 May 2006 21:53:03
Message: <447cf6ff$1@news.povray.org>
Jaap nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 27/05/2006 08:11:
> David El Tom <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>> Gilles Tran gives a very good comparision between diffrent methods when
>> it comes to render clouds.
>> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm
>
> yes very good. I even sucessfully used it in animations.
>
> But the real problem with this method is that you reach the 255 raytrace
> limit very soon when one cloud is in front of another.
> Would it be possible to hack povray to accept trace levels of >255 ? or at
> least not make the pixel black when it reaches the maximum trace level?

You can prevent reaching the max_trace_level by altering adc_bailout to a larger
value. Default to
1/256.
When you reach max_trace_level, you get black. When you reach adc_bailout, you get the
current value.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over