POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 May 2006 12:20:48
Message: <447c70e0@news.povray.org>
Earth v2.0

A number of improvements I did:
1
the thickness of the atmosphere was reduced by 33% in order to reflect the
real height in relation to the planet
2
the color of the atmosphere is lighter now
3
It is now August on Earth, the winter has gone
4
The clusters of the lights big cities are creating, is now more decent and
not anymore visible at the dayside
5
I am using now the wonderful universe sky map which was created by Nekar
Xenos

I am publishing here four different scenes. If you want me to post the
entire image (JPEG, reduced quality, ca. 650 KB, 6400x4800 pixels) let me
know.

Scenes (introduced by image file names):
Northpole - see the atmosphere reflecting the end of a day and getting night
City Lights - descent, not individually visible but just increasing the
over-all color of that location
Atmosphere - visible at the horizon
Clouds - wonderfully three-dimensional and casting their own shades

Greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Planet 01 Small a.jpg' (13 KB) Download 'Planet 01 Small b.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'Planet 01 Small c.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'Planet 01 Small d.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'Planet 01 Small a.jpg'
Planet 01 Small a.jpg

Preview of image 'Planet 01 Small b.jpg'
Planet 01 Small b.jpg

Preview of image 'Planet 01 Small c.jpg'
Planet 01 Small c.jpg

Preview of image 'Planet 01 Small d.jpg'
Planet 01 Small d.jpg