POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 30 May 2006 11:36:39
Message: <447c6687$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> The reason for that relatively large file size is simply that I wanted to
> check the details exactly, especially the atmosphere. Smaller render sizes
> would make it quite difficult to see the atmosphere at the horizon.

It's probably better to post images that everyone can view on one
screen, ie 1024x768 or less (others might suggest different resolutions).

If you need to show more detail, than a "detail" image would work well -
I mean, a regular sized image (again, 1024x768 or less) but zoomed in to
on the spot you want to focus on (you can accomplish this in POV-Ray by
modifying the "look_at" vector and "angle" value in the camera statement).

...Chambers