POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 May 2006 01:51:48
Message: <447bdd74@news.povray.org>
Hi Trevor,

many thanks for your code. I might just do it and try it out. But it seems,
I found a good solution on my own. Right now I am rendering a 6400x4800
pixels image of the Earth, with improved features.

I made some really good changes to the nightside lights - they are now much
more descent (it really needs such a big resolution to see them - just as in
nature), and they are now only visible at the nightside because of their
ambient value and because of their colors. Was a tricky thing, but it works
now.

As soon as the render has completed, I am going to post that image here.

Greetings,

Sven