POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth: Your Advices are Welcome : Re: Earth: Your Advices are Welcome Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth: Your Advices are Welcome
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 29 May 2006 22:29:09
Message: <447badf5$1@news.povray.org>
"Mark Birch" <las### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> For illuminated lights in the shadowed portion you could use MegaPOV's
> 'projection pattern'.

Hi Mark,

I just wonder if the current version of MegaPov has all the same features as
the Beta 13. I hope, the POVgrammers will include all MegaPov features into
the future regular POV-Rays, as I consider the MegaPov features as quite
interesting, helpful and usable. I truly hope the glorious programmers will
take them.

For now, I prefer to use the Beta 13 in order to beta-test it and to get a
deep feeling of the scene writing. Starting to use now MegaPov, would be
some circumstance. Despite of that I (like nearly everyone here) like the MP
features.

Best greetings and thanks for your hint,

Sven

PS:

Mark you - I still do consider your hint. Let me publish here (again) the
entire scene code so you can see it. Could you please (if you like) alter
that code so it could function as 'projection pattern' within MegaPov? That
way, I could learn some different MegaPov programming and could more make my
mind. Thanks.

----------------------------
NOTE: I am using the great universe sky sphere wonderfully done by Nekar
Xenos
----------------------------

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "glass.inc"
#include "woods.inc"

#declare Earth = texture { pigment { image_map { jpeg "E:\Scripts\Eigene
Bilder\Povray Textures\Sphere_Earth_01.jpg" map_type 1 } rotate < 0.0, 0.0,
0.0 > } finish { ambient 0.0 } }
#declare EarthLights = texture { pigment { image_map { png
"E:\Scripts\Eigene Bilder\Povray Textures\Sphere_Earth_Lights_01.png"
map_type 1 } rotate < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > } finish { ambient 0.25 } }
#declare EarthClouds = texture { pigment { image_map { png
"E:\Scripts\Eigene Bilder\Povray Textures\Sphere_Earth_Clouds_03.png"
map_type 1 } rotate < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > } finish { ambient 0.0 } }

global_settings
{
 assumed_gamma 2.0
 radiosity {  }  //
}

camera
{
 location < 000.0, 0.0, -300.0 >
 look_at < 000.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
}
/**/
light_source
{
 < 1000.0, 0.0, 250.0 >
 color White *3
}

#macro StarSubPigment(StarSize, StarFrequency)
 crackle
 form < 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
 #local Cutoff=StarSize*StarFrequency;
 color_map
 {
  [ Cutoff rgb 1.0 ]
  [ Cutoff rgb 0.0 ]
 }
 scale 1/StarFrequency
#end

// minsize, maxsize = size range of stars (some stars will always be smaller
due to nature of crackle pattern)
// starfrequency = how many stars
// variationfrequency = how quickly their size changes
#macro StarPigment(MinSize, MaxSize, StarFrequency, VariationFrequency)
 #local NumSizeSteps=8;
 pigment
 {
  pigment_pattern
  {
   bozo
   color_map
   {
    [ 0.0 rgb 0.75 ]
    [ 1.0 rgb 1.00 ]
   }
   scale 1/VariationFrequency
  }
  pigment_map
  {
   #local StepNum=0;
   #while (StepNum<NumSizeSteps)
    #local SizeAmnt=(StepNum+.5)/NumSizeSteps;
    #local PreSize=MinSize+(StepNum/NumSizeSteps)*(MaxSize-MinSize);
    #local PostSize=MinSize+((StepNum+1)/NumSizeSteps)*(MaxSize-MinSize);
    [ SizeAmnt StarSubPigment(PreSize,StarFrequency) ]
    [ SizeAmnt StarSubPigment(PostSize,StarFrequency) ]
    #local StepNum=StepNum+1;
   #end
  }
 }
#end

sky_sphere
{
 StarPigment
 (
  0.000002,  // min star size
  0.000008,  // max star size
  10000,     // star density (higher = more)
  5          // variation frequency (higher = star size changes more over
nearby parts of the sky)
 )
}

#declare Earth_Surface=sphere
{
 0.0, 1.0
 texture { Earth }
 texture { EarthLights }
 normal
 {
//  density_file df3 "Sphere_Earth_Bumps_01.df3"
//  interpolate 1
  bump_map
  {
   jpeg "Sphere_Earth_Bumps_01.jpg"
   map_type 1
  }
 }
}

#declare Earth_Clouds=sphere
{
 0.0, 1.0005
 texture { EarthClouds }
 normal
 {
//  density_file df3 "Sphere_Earth_Bumps_01.df3"
//  interpolate 1
  bump_map
  {
   jpeg "Sphere_Earth_Clouds_Bumps_03.jpg"