POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 29 May 2006 17:49:07
Message: <447b6c53$1@news.povray.org>
Hi DLM,

I might have a slightly different idea which I still need to test.

My idea is not to have yellowish ambient lights, but to replace the yellow
areas in that texture with their corresponding areas of the land texture.
The result is now a texture which features just tiny fractions of the land.
I still keep an ambient value.

This way I hope to achieve that on the dayside the lights are not
recognizable, but on the nightside you can see the areas which glow. Despite
of using the underground colors, it still should look like lights.

I am making now some test renders and will post them here, as well.

Later,

Sven