POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm) : Re: Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm)
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 29 May 2006 16:59:57
Message: <447b60cd$1@news.povray.org>
>> What do you think?
>>
> I think the next one will be the 'B'

LOL! Yeah, well... that's the only other difficult letter really. Would
require more fiddling with cylinders and torii...

> I think there might be a solution with less level, but that you
> better stick with the solution that is the most readable, or at
> least the one you understand.

Well, the 6th level is just merging the two copies of the half together
to make the whole. Whichever way you do the processing, with 38 objects
it's always going to be pretty complicated. :-\

I actually started out trying to make a system that would automatically
round things using CSG. (Sadly, I believe it would be infeasible to
construct such a thing in SDL.) But I never got anywhere near being
finished!

> Will there also be a final version with the characters removed and
> only the reflections and shadows visible?

Ooo... neat idea! :-.