POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: M a r c
Date: 29 May 2006 14:43:21
Message: <447b40c9@news.povray.org>

news:447b3c02@news.povray.org...
> Hmm, ran into difficulties with density file 8which is required for
> interpolate). Let me post here the source code for the scene, maybe you
can
> show me how it should be.
Sven,
interpolation  works for 2D bitmaps as images as well as for density files.
Interpolation computes average values between pixels (for 2D images) and
voxels for density files.
You can forget density files for the moment, they are made for others uses.
For bitmaps, values 2 and 4 are valid (I suggest 4)

 image_map { jpeg "E:\Scripts\Eigene Bilder\Povray
Textures\Sphere_Earth_01.jpg" map_type 1 interpolate 4}

Marc