POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm) : Re: Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible #8 (50KB) - "Now with sounded S!" (tm)
From: andrel
Date: 29 May 2006 16:44:40
Message: <447B5DED.2000605@hotmail.com>
Orchid XP v2 wrote:
> OK, so I spend 2 hours rounding the S. Here is the result, rendered
> without radiosity and with photons. (Changed light source position also.)
>
> What do you think?

I think the next one will be the 'B'

[snip]

> The final object contains 8 spheres, 18 cylinders, 4 boxes and 8 torii.
> That's a grand total of 38 objects.
>
> ...you can see why I only placed 19 of those by hand, and had POV-Ray
> duplicate the rest for me! >_<
>
> Note also the multiple levels of merges and differences necessary to
> achieve the correct effect. (The innermost part is nested 6 levels deep!
> Eeeps!!)

I think there might be a solution with less level, but that you
better stick with the solution that is the most readable, or at
least the one you understand.

Will there also be a final version with the characters removed and
only the reflections and shadows visible?