POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invisible #7 (~50KB) Final? : Re: Invisible #7 (~50KB) Final? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible #7 (~50KB) Final?
From: M a r c
Date: 27 May 2006 16:26:04
Message: <4478b5dc$1@news.povray.org>

4478af33$1@news.povray.org...
> > Are you sure radiosity adds anything to nearly transparent objects?
>
> Have a look at #4 and #5. You see how pitch black they are? That's how
> this image looks without radiosity. With it, the image is so much
> brighter...
>
> Also, if you look carefully, you should notice that where the letters
> touch the ground, it's slightly darker there. (I'm still fiddling with
> the rad settings.)
Believe it or not but I'm a radiosity buff when there are surfaces which
diffuse iteratively light.
Maybe here you have a skysphere?
Did you try a remote bright (even over rgb 1... I usually use 1.5 to 1.8 )
point (or small area but render would get longer) light with an extra
shadowless large arealight?

Marc