POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash! Boum! Bang! : Crash! Boum! Bang! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Crash! Boum! Bang!
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 27 May 2006 15:20:11
Message: <4478a66b$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings!

There is a problem with POV-Ray Beta 13 I want to mention now.

The scene contains around six image files, half for sphererical textures and
half for bumps. Most of these image files have sizes over 16 MB.

I am starting the render, and POV-Ray begins to parse the scene, also to
process the various image files. For some reasons, I decided to press the
STOP button. And here now, while parsing, POV-Ray crashes with an error
message that it cannot read the memory. The crash happens only if I press
the STOP button while POV-Ray parses (probably parses the images).

My system:
Windows EX Media Edition
Dual Intel Pentium 4 CPU @ 3.06 GH
1.25 GB DDR RAM @ 333 MH