POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More planets : Re: More planets Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More planets
From: andrel
Date: 26 May 2006 18:59:26
Message: <44778902.6090106@hotmail.com>
Mike Sobers wrote:
> Well, not actually more planets, but another arrangement of the same
> planets.
>
> Mike
>
> FYI - I put this together for an intro Astronautics class to help students
> visualize the scale of the planets with respect to each other.

The colors are a bit different from what we normally see. e.g. jupiter
is normally more red than brownish yellow. It is not clear to me if
e.g. Neptune and Uranus have their natural axis tilt. Uranus has not
enough features to see it, but Neptune seems a bit to straight up
to me. I also find it strange to seen highlights on planets, but that
is your freedom as an artist, I suppose.