POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request: Photos : Re: Request: Photos Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Photos
From: M a r c
Date: 26 May 2006 18:13:19
Message: <44777d7f$1@news.povray.org>

44776e36@news.povray.org...
> Hi Marc,
>
> I saved your Terre.inc on my computer. Now I still try to get those images
> you have there in use, "D:\A_Gegene\Moi\Moray\3.5\earthbump10k.jpg" and
> "D:\A_Gegene\Moi\Moray\3.5\ev11643_cloud_combined_8192.tga" (here I use
your
> entire paths, as well).
>
> I visited (and still do) the "Blue Marble" website. But all I find there
are
> rendered pictures of the earth. I just cannot find at all bump maps, and
the
> other special images I should use for a spherical texture. Help!
>
> Marc, it is frustrating for me to see the probably right website which is
> supposed to contain all free downloads, but I just don't find them! The
but
> even so, I just don't see there any usable graphics...
>
> Sven

you should find clouds at different resolutions here
http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_rec.php?id=2432
lands
http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_rec.php?id=2430

I can't find a link to earthbump but I actually didn't use it in my earth
render because it slowed render ground is a sphere primitive in the irtc
image

Marc