POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : J. Piqueres Citroen with edges : Re: J. Piqueres Citroen with edges Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: J. Piqueres Citroen with edges
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 24 May 2006 04:44:40
Message: <44741cf8@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Amazing. Great. Exciting. And creative!
>
> I like that cartoon effect. Can you tell me how you have done that? I want
> to try that out with my starship scene!

Thanks for the comment.

This method works only with a mesh (mesh2) object. For example, the
silouhette contour of an object is the line separating what is visible
and what is hidden; so, with a mesh, you get the silouhette by drawing
the edges which are shared by one visible face and one hidden face.

I'll post soon a complete How-to in p.b.scene-files.

Thibaut