POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problems with CSG and Mesh : Re: Problems with CSG and Mesh Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with CSG and Mesh
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 23 May 2006 02:49:56
Message: <4472B093.2010508@pacificwebguy.com>
Jon Buller wrote:
> And as for the artifact, it's not the dark edge, but the gray area in the
> middle of the black hole.  For an even better example, look to the lower
> left corner, there is a bigger one there. It seems to be completely off the
> surface going into the center area.  The only thing that should be in that
> area is the end of the cylinder used to cut the hole.

It could very well be the end of the cylinder.  Try increasing the
length by moving the ends out more from the mesh they're cutting from.

I would recommend that you either compute the holes as part of your
mesh, or write a function for this shape and use an isosurface - but
that's because I've a nuerotic aversion to polygon meshes :)

...Chambers