POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wanted: Clouds : Re: Wanted: Clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Clouds
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 22 May 2006 18:54:43
Message: <44724133@news.povray.org>
"Ben Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> God can (after all, He does raytracing in real time ;) ).
> (Oh boy, now I *know* I've been reading these newsgroups too long).

Ehhh... Yes. You are right... Toooooo long...        :-)

> Anyway, I'd suggest adding some noise to a sphere function and using an
> isosurface for the planet itself, and encase it in a media object for the
> atmosphere.

Yes, maybe. I just lack any experience with iso surfaces and media
objects...
Hmmm, since you talk about God... Do you think you want (surely not, but at
least I try) to try something like that?
(Oh boy, now I *know* I've been reading these newsgroups too long, as well).

Well-rendered greetings,

Sven