POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Failed : Re: Failed Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failed
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 19 May 2006 04:22:47
Message: <446d8057$1@news.povray.org>
> Ever considered using a text object?

Yes, but I *was* going to make all the edges curved. (In fact, I still
hope to. It's just that doing it requires about 12x as many objects...)

> That apart, you may want to intersect your leters with a box. It will
> help removing the extra edges on the "N".

Yeah, I think you might be right there. Either that or use a prism...

> Use a merge instead of an union for the "N" and "V" to remove those
> internal surfaces.

Already using merge.

> Try to change the camera position so that we can see the whole thing.

Technically, you already can. (I haven't moddled the remaining letters yet!)

> As is, radiosity looks like it's a waste of time.

Image is far too dark without it.

> Using photons can have a dramatic effect.

Yeah. As I say, the original plan was to curve all the corners. If I
manage to do that, photons are really gonna be good!

> Add some dispersion.

Sounds slow... LOL!

> Adding a faint coloration to the substance of your leters may help, use
> fade_color color fade_distance 4 to 10 times the thickness of the leters
> to keep it faint and fade_power some value to control it. It's place is
> in the interior{...} block.

Mmm, OK. I'll try that...