POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Failed : Re: Failed Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failed
From: Alain
Date: 18 May 2006 23:30:41
Message: <446d3be1$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/05/2006 07:05:
> How can I make this look cool?
>
> (Text = CSG. The S in particular was very hard; it involves 4 cylinders
> and 2 cubes. (?!) Lighting is radiosity (bluish) + 1 light sournce
> ("sun", yellowish). Hmm...)

Ever considered using a text object?
That apart, you may want to intersect your leters with a box. It will help removing
the extra edges
on the "N".
Use a merge instead of an union for the "N" and "V" to remove those internal surfaces.
Try to change the camera position so that we can see the whole thing.
As is, radiosity looks like it's a waste of time. Using photons can have a dramatic
effect. Set your
transparent objects as target with refraction on, reflection on may not be useful. Add
some dispersion.
Adding a faint coloration to the substance of your leters may help, use fade_color
color
fade_distance 4 to 10 times the thickness of the leters to keep it faint and
fade_power some value
to control it. It's place is in the interior{...} block.

--
Alain
Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.