POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problems with CSG and Mesh : Re: Problems with CSG and Mesh Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:10:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with CSG and Mesh
From: Alain
Date: 16 May 2006 17:59:44
Message: <446a4b50$1@news.povray.org>
Jon Buller nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15/05/2006 23:53:
> "Jon Buller" <jon### [at] bullersnet> wrote:
>

>>......checks code... Oh, I think it was the inside_vector.  When I first did
>>this, I think I just used x, but the torus is {8,3 ...}.  That produced
>>some weird ghost reflections off the cylinders, so I changed it to 0, as
>>above and it worked better.  Changing it just now to <8,0,0> looks like it
>>is working correctly.  Perhaps my first attempt just happened to get the
>>inside_vector inside one of the cylinders, and I missed seeing the warning
>>until later.
>

> Never mind, that wasn't it.  Or at least not all of it.  This is the same
> file (with the <8,0,0> inside_vector) but the torus is off, and the camera
> has been moved from <5,19,11>*3/2 to <5,11,19>/2.  Notice the odd ghosts on
> the hole on the right, and sides on the upper holes with the lights
> shining across them (through holes on the other side of the band).
>
> Jon

When you intersect from a mesh, you effectively clip off a hole in it. The fact that
you see the
iner face is the expected behaviour. The dark "edge" of the middle hole looks like
it's a shadow on
the back surface, try using an area_light, it should become blured.

--
Alain
God doesn't play dice. -- Albert Einstein