POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : joining the greeble-madness :) : Re: Feedback Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feedback
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 15 May 2006 03:32:17
Message: <44682e81$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> Hmmm...
>
> It is looking gorgeous, for my eyes! It is a good combination of
greebles
> and metallic texture.

thanks :)

> I also like that cell structure which reminds me for a large town full
of
> huge buildings. Here, in this case, it ensures that the shown ship
section
> indicates its huge size. Your design is actually better than my
greebles I
> use for the Imperial Carrier SENECA. Actually, I would like to climb
my
> X-Wing, and dive down into these artificial ravines hunting some
imperial
> fighters..!

hehe :)
I was just trying to create a city-macro based on this greeble-macro :)

> An additional idea: add a few very fine (very thin) antennas randomly,
maybe
> with having a few anti-collision lights on them (no light but ambient
1.0).
> Probably, the tiny antennas would be recognizable from this distance.

good idea! I'll try that !

> Another idea: Build a macro which can be applied to cylindrical
objects,
> which will have a fluid move from surface structures (as seen here) to
side
> structures and (maybe) bottom structures. Wow!

sounds difficult, but not impossible :)

> Last idea: The borders of these ravines shouldn't be too straight like
cut
> by a knife - let these ravines have slightly different diameters (just

> slightly, not more).

well, for the city-macro I just made, I made it possible to have streets
between the buildings (kind of obvious, no? :)), so it shouldn't be any
problem to do that also with the greeble-macro :)

> This here seems to be a surface macro. I would be veeery interested
now to
> see a side macro (different shapes and structure) and a front macro
(again
> different structures, I guess, and kind of symetrical).

first I'll try to finish this, with more interesting greeble-objects
than just superellipsoids
then I'm going to try to make a triangular version of this macro...
don't know how exactly yet though :-/
after that's done, I'll try to make that side- (with windows), front-
(maybe with extra weapons?), back- (possibly with engines?), ... -macros
:)

> Again: it looks damn good! This macro will become the stuff many of us
will
> want for our future armadas of starships!!!

:)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;