POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : joining the greeble-madness :) : Re: joining the greeble-madness :) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: joining the greeble-madness :)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 May 2006 13:52:04
Message: <44676e44$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> I just *had* to try to make my own greeble-macro :)
>
> here's a first result, rendertime: 3'48" on a Sempron 2400+ with 768MB RAM,
> running Windows XP SP2
>
> comments are more than welcome !
>
> cu!

I think it is a bit of a stylistic departure from the usual but the
result is attractive, even gorgeous, and useful I think.

The obvious problem with this and the other attempts at an automated
generator is the lack of averarching elements that would span "cells"
Simply varying the scale of the cells does not get that effect.