POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greeble Ship 2 : Re: Greeble Ship 2 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greeble Ship 2
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 13 May 2006 15:20:51
Message: <44663193$1@news.povray.org>
Good work.

If I look to space images (Space Shuttle, satelites, etc.), I always
recognize a very strong contrast value (due the lack of an atmosphere). You
can simulate that by multiplying the light's color, somehow like that:

light_source
{
 < -1000.0, 1000.0, -1000.0 >
 color rgb < 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 > *5
}

This will brighten the lighted sides, and increases the contrast. Maybe, in
addition, you can experiment with the Gamma value of the entire scene.

Go on with your experiments. Maybe, who knows, it is ending in macros for
side, front and top/bottom greebles which many of us can use.

Greetings,

Sven